Hi, I offer Italian tuition in Fareham, Hampshire, but could travel to you in Gosport, Portsmouth, Southampton, etc.
This page tells you about my Italian tuition services, but for for an overview of my language tuition services click here.
When could you do Italian tuition?
I offer private Italian classes between 9am and 9pm weekdays. I may possibly be flexible as regards times.
How long have I been tutoring Italian?
Italian is a language that I started tutoring several years ago. I have helped people with a variety of abilities in this language.
I have helped people to improve their Italian language skills for a variety of reasons, such as for holidays abroad, exams, etc.
As all Italian tuition is private, it is also personalised for your needs. You progress at a rate and in a way that is adapted for you and you alone. If you are moving to Italy, for example, my teaching style will be very different from someone going for short trips.
What style of teaching do I use during sessions?
How and what I teach you depends on your existing ability and your wishes. Regardless of this during sessions, I aim to teach you how to communicate in a natural and logical way. It is more or less a step by step process.
One great thing about Italian is it is a language which on the face of it is easy to learn. This is true, particularly because many words in Italian are similar to ours. There are however some important sound differences between the languages. If you pronounce Italian words like you would in English, often you will not be understood. It is therefore important for us to focus on improving your accent and pronunication over time.
Talking generally, depending on your needs:
- We will regularly practise your Italian language skills in a variety of topics and using a variety of structures. By doing this, you improve your range of vocabulary, structure and your accuracy. You also improve your accent.
- I will encourage you to practise and work on your language skills between sessions wherever possible. I regularly give people written activities to do between sessions. The activities are entirely optional, so if you cannot do them because of lack of time, that is perfectly fine. However, I find that doing a little bit of learning between sessions, whenever possible, does make a real difference to learning progress over time.
- We focus on Italian pronunciation, in particular, sounds which differ in the Italian language.
- Being able to communicate in different situations is important for most people. We therefore practise using your skills in the situations you are likely to encounter on your trips abroad. This also has the advantage of teaching you a variety of new words.
- Having the confidence to say exactly what you want is also important for many people. Speaking naturally comes both practice and from knowledge of different language structures. You will learn how to express wishes, obligations, etc. (e.g. ‘want’, ‘must’, ‘can’, etc.).
- Conversational Italian requires you to express when you did things in the past, the present and the future. Depending on how long you do tuition, over time you will learn how to say when you did things in different tenses.
Above all, improving your confidence and skills using Italian is my number one aim.
Italian Tuition Pricing
Below are approximate prices for Italian tuition with you coming to me in Fareham for weekly sessions:
|Number of People||Approx pricing|
|Two people||£28.50 - £30 per hour |
(= £14.25 - £15/hour per person)
|Three people||£38 - £42 per hour |
(£12.67 - £14/hour per person)
|More than three people||Please contact me|
Me travelling to you: If you wish me to come to you, I do charge extra for travel. For more details please contact me.
Short-term or intensive tuition may be more than that shown above.
Customer Reviews for Italian Tuition
Feel free to contact me using the Contact Form below.