Hi, I offer German tuition in Fareham, Hampshire, but could travel to you in Gosport, Portsmouth, Southampton, etc.
This page tells you about my German tuition services, but for for an overview of my language tuition services click here.
When could you do German tuition?
I offer private German classes between 9am and 9pm weekdays. I may possibly be flexible as regards times.
How long have I been tutoring German?
I started teaching German several years ago. Since then I have helped people with a variety of abilities in this language.
I have helped people to improve their language skills for holidays abroad, work, etc. I have also helped people learn, because their partner’s family members are German speakers.
What style of teaching do I use during German tuition?
During sessions, my aim is to help you to learn German in a natural and logical way.
All German tuition is private, it is also personalised for your needs. You therefore learn at a rate and in a way that is adapted for you and you alone. If you need German for visiting German relatives, for example, my teaching style will be very different from someone going for holidays.
Talking generally, depending on your needs:
- We will regularly practise your German in a variety of topics and using a variety of structures. By doing this, you improve your range of vocabulary, structure, accuracy and accent.
- I can regularly give you work to do between sessions if you wish. I have found that, speaking generally, people who do a bit of learning between sessions, progresses more over time.
- Being able to speak German in a variety situations is important for most people. We therefore practise using your skills in the situations you are likely to encounter on your trips abroad.
- Many people wish to be able to speak in a way that feels natural to them. Being able to do this comes from both practice and from knowledge of different language structures. We will practise how to express wishes, obligations, etc. (e.g. ‘want’, ‘must’, ‘can’, etc.).
- Conversational German requires you to express when you did things in the past, the present and the future. Depending on how long you do tuition, over time you will learn how to say when you did things in different tenses.
- Learning word order is important in German, as many sentences in German have words in different places from English. Word order is something that we would focus attention on, particularly if you have been learning German for a while or are a more advanced learner.
Above all, improving your confidence and skills using German is my number one aim.
German Tuition Pricing
Below are approximate prices for German tuition with you coming to me in Fareham for weekly sessions:
|Number of People||Approx pricing|
|Two people||£28.50 - £30 per hour |
(= £14.25 - £15/hour per person)
|Three people||£38 - £42 per hour |
(£12.67 - £14/hour per person)
|More than three people||Please contact me|
Me travelling to you: If you wish me to come to you, I do charge extra for travel. For more details please contact me.
Short-term or intensive tuition may be more than that shown above.
Customer Reviews for German Tuition
Feel free to contact me using the Contact Form below.